The Department of Philosophy and Theology is committed to the philosophical and theological enrichment of students and faculty, and to being a resource for the Fort Wayne community. All full-time faculty members are Catholic and each holds a mandatum from the local bishop, which is a commitment to teach in full communion with the Catholic Church.
Courses taught in programs offered by the department stress the Catholic and Franciscan character of the University of Saint Francis. Specifically, philosophy and theology courses and programs are designed to:
- Explore the Catholic and Franciscan philosophical, spiritual and theological tradition.
- Foster interfaith dialogue and understanding.
- Promote scholarship, critical thinking and the development of interpersonal skills.
- Encourage personal faith development.
- Provide a theoretical basis and effective practical experience for all who seek to serve others.
The Department of Philosophy and Theology offers bachelor degree programs in Philosophy, Theology and Ministry. If you love wisdom, believe the truth matters and have a desire to change lives for the better, consider pursuing one of these degrees!